IGNORED

[How-To] WASAPI in Windows Server 2019 Core

AudioPhil

@AudioPhil I know you've written nice pdf guide for the various Windows versions. However, I was wondering if you've a step-by-step guide for installing WS 2019 in core mode? I need to run Roon server and HQPlayer Desktop on it.

WS 2019 GUI is very simple but I've not ventured in to core mode yet. WS 2019 GUI didn't sound as good to me as WS 2016. But I'm going to take another stab at WS2019 but this time in core mode. Hopefully I'm using the right build as well.

Thanks Phil! I forgot to update that I was able to install WS2019 core mode just going through the guide you wrote. It was actually quite easy. Thank you for writing something so comprehensive. Only issue I had was with setting up static IP for my JCAT NET Card. For whatever reason, it seems to be using DHCP and working fine. Is there a downside of using DHCP in core mode?

My system is quite resolving. Having tried WS2019 GUI mode before, I'd say this - the difference between core and GUI in WS2019 is easily discernible. Core mode is quite a bit more transparent, less lean and the sound is purer and more intimate. I'm really liking it so far!

Thank you @thuandb. I've seen your helpful posts in Jplay forum :)

I've used Phil's set_ip script and also trying to use the underlying netsh command directly. But I was having issues with internet connectivity in my attempt to set static IP in both cases. Ping <whatever server name> wasn't returning anything. But somehow DHCP works in core mode and working flawlessly so far. Unless there's sound quality benefit of moving to static ip, I'm happy to keep it as is.

Core mode is honestly not complicated to setup and the sound quality gain over GUI is totally worth it.