IGNORED

Windows 10 Stutter Streaming DSD Over Local Network

gordec

Question

I have been using Windows 10 -> local ethernet via switch -> iFi Pro iDSD. Using both Jriver and Audirvana+ as DLNA server. All files except DSD play perfectly smooth. DSD occasionally will start playing smooth, but a few minutes later start to stutter. I feel it's either a Windows issue or network issue, but a gigabit local network should be fast enough. I have messed around with every possible Jriver DLNA setting in terms of DSD over PCM, convert DSD to 192 first, same results.  Any thoughts?

Alienware R7 with Paul Pang V2 USB PCIE -> iFi Pro iDSD -> McIntosh MHA100 -> Hifiman Susvara. Keeping it simple!

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, gordec said:

I have been using Windows 10 -> local ethernet via switch -> iFi Pro iDSD. Using both Jriver and Audirvana+ as DLNA server. All files except DSD play perfectly smooth. DSD occasionally will start playing smooth, but a few minutes later start to stutter. I feel it's either a Windows issue or network issue, but a gigabit local network should be fast enough. I have messed around with every possible Jriver DLNA setting in terms of DSD over PCM, convert DSD to 192 first, same results.  Any thoughts?

I faced similar problem. Try to set JRiver to play from memory and do not use gapless setting. IIRC, i set 10 seconds gap netween tracks. The stutters usually happened when it changed album .  I only faced this problem with DSD files. 

However, you may still face problem occasionally die to other users hogging the network. Eventaully, i moved all the files to local and external drive to the music room pc. 

Tty JRiver forum. 

I think there is some Windows 10 memory leak issues with running a DLNA server. I just need to restart the computer and everything is fine. All files up to DSD 128 sent to Pro iDSD unchanged. 

Alienware R7 with Paul Pang V2 USB PCIE -> iFi Pro iDSD -> McIntosh MHA100 -> Hifiman Susvara. Keeping it simple!