IGNORED

SACD PC-PLAYBACK (DSD layer) is possible, after all ...

Nexus3

3 hours ago, mansr said:

Either your disc is an anomaly without the pit modulation normally used, or the Xbox drive supports SACD without this being documented.

You've laid out the possibilities clearly.  But by possibility 2, do you mean support SACD in the sense of having the encryption keys for SACD?

@Nexus3 did you rip an iso of this disc and then burn it to DVD (creating a SACD-R) and then try to play it on a SACD-R compatible deck? Or did you play the ripped iso with some software that plays ripped SACD iso.s?

The thing I'm getting at is that I thought that in addition to the pit-modulations which generally prevents detection of the SACD layer by regular DVD drives, a commercial (unripped) SACD is also encryptedSo seeing it is only the first step.  You have to de-crypt it to do anything with the data.  SACD extract has the encryption keys to de-crypt.

So what did you run to decrypt this SACD disc?

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Nexus3 said:

since SACDs containing file systems are quite rare

That is something that remains to be discovered.

In helping to rip a large classical music collection of SACDs for a friend, I saw file systems showing up fairly regularly, especially for Philips label classical recordings.  All the SACD with file systems I have seen have had "Philips" as the authoring software in the metadata you can see in Isobuster (never Sony, for example).