IGNORED

What is the download resolution included with Bob Dylan - The Original Mono Recordings?

A Amazon.com reviewer states that the downloadable files are 320 kbps/44.1 khz. They also state that 320 is good enough for mono. What do folks think of this statement? Wouldn't one have better sonic results by ripping there hard copy cds with no loss (e.g. AIFF, etc.)?

iBook G4 1.33 GHz Power PC 1.25 Ram - iTunes 9.2.1 - 2nd Gen. Drobo via FW400

is a silly statement. Even in mono full CD quality will sound better. Mono doesn't have less frequency response than stereo.

And yes, there's a reason they call formats like mp3 "lossy".

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I suppose it's down to the recording and what's been used as a source for the mastering. I have a 5CD Django Reinhardt "Early Recordings" box with recordings dating from the thirties. I ripped it to Apple Lossless. Most tracks are 400 kbps or so, but some are much less. The lowest is only 251 kbps. So, IMO, a 320 kbps download would be good enough in this case. You wouldn't hear much between 320 and 450 kbps anyway?

I think the reviewer meant that mono recordings are old anyway, hence probably limited in SQ. And doesn't 1 channel needs only half as much bits as 2? So 320 kbps for mono equals 640 kbps stereo for SQ (ALAC territory)?

Fully Balanced Differential Stereo: Jamo R909 < Emotiva XPA-1 < XLR < Emotiva XSP-1 < Weiss DAC2 < Oyaide d+ FW400/800 < iMac < Synology DS1815+ NAS

Software: Amarra Symphony iRC, XLD, iTunes.