IGNORED

Audio PC Build - Streacom FC9 Fanless, Intel Z370, SOtM tX-USBexp, HDPLEX 200W Linear Power Supply + 400W DC-ATX

16 hours ago, zachary said:

This is incredibly helpful, thank you!

I have looked into NUCs, so I’ll take a deeper dive with your recommendations and price it out.

Just curious—why do you recommend against the Jitterbug and Elfidelity filters?

Lastly, I’ve read a lot of reviews on the SOtM and JCAT FEMTO PCIe USB cards, but haven’t personally read much about the Pink Faun. What’s different about it compared to the SOtM and JCAT?

I appreciate you!

Hi Zachary,  There's not much information about the USB card on the current Pink Faun website, new website will be ready soon! The  Pink Faun USB card has all low noise linear regulation (with pre and post choke / PI filtering) for core, USB and clock. The standard clock is a TCXO and there's an upgrade option to a low noise OCXO clock. The OCXO is mounted on a baseboard and has it's own low noise linear regulation. The upgrade clock is very easy to place and can be done by yourself, the USB card switch to the better clock after it's placed. The card can be fed from the computer supply through a standard molex, or with an external PSU through a 2,5mm DC-connector.