Hi Chris,

2018 was the year when I did not stress about equipment and just had the most amazing time LISTENING to fabulous music out of my Rossini. I am extremely pleased and thankful to dCS for getting me there. dCS is certainly not cheap stuff, but the value for money is incredible.

I am away from home, back tonight. I will update tomorrow and listen over the weekend. Will give you my impressions after.

Again, THANK YOU dCS! :)

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

18 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

dCS is a small company. Bringing complete overhaul updates to hardware consumes quite a bit of man hours to write and test. Give it time and I'm willing to bet you'll see improvements come to the Bartok. The Bartok has plenty of fpga horsepower for many years ahead. It will be updated in due time. 

People also need to understand that updates take time and implementation work. It is not a drag and drop. Implementation work in turn needs investment. Should a firm invest that money for cheaper products? And does it make sense to do so? Bartok is not the same as Rossini even if they share some of the hardware design. Improvements that might make sense to invest work on in one platform might be deemed a wash in another.

dCS is an incredible company, and when you buy one of their products you can be sure they will both support you and improve it over time.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics