IGNORED

Article: KEF LS50 (David) Versus JBL 4722 Cinema (Goliath) Speaker Comparison with Binaural Recordings

@mitchco, I'm considering the LS50 Wireless for a second room and for all the conveniences of an all in one speaker to run Roon on and possibly a 5.1 setup.   I have an extra Rel subwoofer that I could hook up but was wondering about if it's possible to hook both the Low Level input from the LS50W speaker to the sub and the .1/LFE input on the sub from a receiver.  What I can't do is use Rel's high level input, which is what makes them so convenient for setting up a sub-bass system.

I realize you didn't review this particular speaker model but was wondering if you or someone has some input.  I'd like to run the powered speakers as full range and not use any internal crossover filters (on KEF's app) to run the sub.  I can't seem to find an answer to this question online.  There's no manual that I can find on KEFs site.

I would consider running the receivers Left and Right pre-outputs to the KEF's analog inputs and forgo the .1LFE option.  My main concern is running the speakers as full range and run the REl sub as it should without external crossover filters from another source (LS50W, receiver, preamp ect...).

Thanks for any information

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet