IGNORED

The Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC

5 hours ago, dirk koning said:

Hi PYP,

Thank you for your help.

The Tambaqui is a demo so does not need to burn in for a month.

I paid for a 10 day try out so do I stay free and do not feel guilty if it does not fit.

I use Avalon Eidolons since 2001 Audio Research since 1990 the ref 210 since 2007.I love that sound.

I do not like to change to much but I think there must be an upgrade to my old dCS.

Maybe is the input impedance the problem I did send a mail to the distributor.

Let us see what he can do,I keep you informed.

Have a nice day,

Dirk

can you get hold of a preamp within your 10 days Dirk ?

In my experience, and contrary to any logic that I had before, I found that a good preamp in between was always better than going direct…. it doesn’t make any engineering sense to me, but my ears told me differently on the 2 systems I previously had without preamps that then made me buy/ add one….

Where are you/ which dealer are you using in NL ?

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

• 3 months later...
17 hours ago, Technomad said:

…………..Perhaps unsurprising, given that the Tambaqui already has a galvanically isolated Ethernet port, but more experiments to come…

do note that ALL ethernet ports are galvanically isolated… it is a requirement of the ethernet standard (IIRC it was a change introduced many years ago due to safety considerations).

The “galvanic isolation” is therefore not a special feature of the Tambaquai that caused a perceived difference compared to other implementations.  There may well be other reasons, of course…..

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, BigAlMc said:

If I remember correctly, mine took a month to settle in. And then I started planning my MU1 purchase 😘

ditto 👍