IGNORED

The Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC

1 hour ago, PYP said:

The Mola Mola DAC can sound very good via ethernet.  You might want to try something like the UpTone etherREGEN for 30 days to determine if it improves the sound.  If you have an LPS that can power the etherREGEN that would be an even better demo, but there are folks who use the included SMPS and find it works well in their systems.    Really nothing to lose since there is a money-back guarantee.  I'm saying this as a satisfied customer, nothing more than that.  

Thanks I am pretty happy as is, but might give it a try.  Always keen to improve the sound.

3 hours ago, further said:

I have found the Makua does respond to power cords, cables, including ethernet cables, and upstream network changes as PYP has suggested.

2 hours ago, PYP said:

The US distributor suggests using your best power cord for digital.

Thanks for the welcome to the forum and helpful advice.  

The retailer I purchased from was quite helpful during the audition and I got to hear first hand the changes in sound between different ethernet cables and the AES/EBU.  He only used high quality power cables and XLR's.

I only have one brand of high quality aftermarket power cable and XLR (analogue output) and have been using those on the Makua since I received it.  At some stage I might buy some others to see how much difference they make, but first I might invest in a better Ethernet cable - do you know if it makes as much difference between a wall socket and the Makua as it does between the K50 and the Makua?