IGNORED

Any MSB fans here ?

I have an MSB Discrete DAC and am considering upgrading it to the Premiere. The upgrade price is basically the difference between new prices of the units (thanks for that MSB). As far as I can tell, the upgrade consists of one more DAC module per channel and an upgraded clock. I'd really like to hear from anybody who has heard the two units and could say something about their respective SQs. I don't see many posts about MSB products on CA. There is an MSB forum on audioshark but very little traffic.

1 hour ago, Music Enthusiast said:

Is there no dealers that allow home demo's? The only good way to demo a DAC is in your own system. There's too many variables at play when listening on a system/room combination that is unknown to you. 

I was able to demo my MSB Discrete DAC for two weeks. I did have to buy it first, but was guaranteed a full refund (minus shipping) if I didn't want to keep it.

MetalNutz, do you have questions about the new renderer ? I have found the MSB tech support to be very responsive, you will likely get a response from one of the owners. I had an issue with my Renderer occasionally freezing up and they worked with me very closely, even after business hours, to get it resolved.

As for control apps, I use Roon and am very happy with it.