IGNORED

Article: A New Listening Room Part One

Hi Chris,

Timing of your article is impeccable as I will be starting the renovation of my home in Sydney in the new year and plan to upgrade my home office and use it as a listening room.

I was going to start 12 months ago but decided to renovate my body instead starting with a double knee reconstruction followed by an arthroscopic shoulder operation (which I 'm currently recovering from) and soon two new hips. I did my knees concurrently and will also do both hips at the same time. Can't stand the thought of this dragging on more than it needs to.

Never been in hospital and then hit 60 and everything stopped working. I'm riddled with arthritis and in constant pain due to some genetic issues and an over active life of sport - 250 games of AFL (Aussie Rules football,) coaching tennis, surfing since I was 6, snow skiing, golf etc etc. Now I'm fuc.....ed, although once I get my new hips I should be right. My mates are calling me the $6 million man, but I have explained it is the surgeons getting rich not me - hopefully they have a frequent flyer program! :P 

Love your work and have learnt a lot from CA over the years.

Many thanks,

Ajax

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers