IGNORED

A Closer Look At Fremer's SHAMEFUL Brinkmann Nyquist DAC "Review"

1 hour ago, Rt66indierock said:

RMAF is coming up. So time get shots in at audio journalists and increase the pressure they are under. For relief I'm bringing a blue laser pointer so I can trick them just like MQA does. 

A big and hardy LOL!  Thanks...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

10 hours ago, firedog said:

.....You regularly misrepresent what other people have written. It seems when you don't like someone or their ideas, you can't help but misportray what they say.....I've noted multiple times in various threads that you often give inaccurate portrayals of others' ideas. 

Does Fremer, or ML, or Serinus, or Reichert really have "ideas"?  This would seem to indicate a consistency that they don't appear even capable of as they are from beginning to end 'impressionist'.  Perhaps it is more accurate to say they have "an angle".  With Fremer and his vinyl schtick and Stereophile and "the industry", MQA needs to fit into that angle.  That's the thing about sales - it is almost infinitely pliable and adaptable to whatever you need to be selling at the moment...

2 hours ago, HalSF said:

Hey @Brinkman Ship — can I ask you an off-topic question? 

You seem to *really* enjoy antagonistic denunciatory argumentation and scorched-earth debate, but every now and then I feel like I see a glint of mellowness and a glimpse of the hi-fi music lover lurking behind the no-rules fighter. I feel like I know all too well what you hate, despise, find shameful and dishonest, and what you revile as despicable shilling,  to the point where catching up with an overwhelmingly aggro thread like this sometimes makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

But anyone who cares this much must have something to uphold and uplift besides winning this tiny corner of the Internet. How about a brief ceasefire?. Could you tell me something about what you find inspiring and positive about listening to music via great gear and technology? Tell me a little about what you love and approve of? When you're not laying down suppressing fire, what is the hi-fi balm for your soul and what gives you joy and rocks your hi-fi world? Why are you a computer audiophile, what are your fighting for on the affirmative, embracing side? I don't want to believe it's all about being pissed off all the time for you, and nothing more.

Off topic but you already said that ?

More to the point though, the moonbeam and butterfly audiophile confessional of "what music means to me" is just boring...

3 hours ago, adamdea said:

because the whole thing is a shtick for MF to be able to bless digtial components by saying they sound analogue. he has actually been recycling this at last digital sounds like analogue thing for years.

Exactly, it's just an angle used to sell you something, and whether it really is what he thinks or not is quite besides the point because he would not be where he is unless the angle was prioritized over whatever truth there is to be found in the matter...

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, HalSF said:

I took a long time-out from the site after posting above and only returned just this morning. Something in my @Brinkman Ship Spidey sense quivered I guess. 

Tanned and refreshed, I feel more commited to the moonbeam and butterfly confessional of "what music means to me" lifestyle than ever. But you be you.

:) at ya.

Well, send me some beam'n'butterfly when you are at it ;).  Do you have any idea who Ship really is?  Only maverick I can think of who it might be is Waldrep, but then I am not an "inside baseball" kind of guy when it comes to writers and the industry...

3 minutes ago, Indydan said:

If you Google his former alias (the one before Brinkman ship), you will find his music related site easily. 

One thing I can say about BS, he wouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight! :)

Thanks.  A quick perusal did not indicate anything obvious that the owner/operator of that site is the same based on writing style, content, etc. but then it was a quick look over.  I wonder if he borrowed the moniker?  Also, that site is pretty thin, almost like a hobbyist site as opposed to a real industry player/writer....

All that said, what do I know ?