IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

15 hours ago, TeflonScoundrel said:

I've been following this thread for a while and decided to post my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.

I then played the files for my audiophile brother without him knowing which song was which format and his results matched mine.  Based on that, all this talk of correcting issues with the original files, don't make any sense to me.  I don't think there are any problems to "correct" in normal CD quality or better files.

I've never been able to work that one out either.  If there are issues with ADCs that 'need to be corrected' for superior playback sound, then isn't there a far bigger issue if the recording was originally analog?  What is the point in correcting a likely inaudible issue with say an early ADC when even modern tape recorders (let alone vintage machines which recorded much older stuff) have wow/flutter, azimuth alignment imperfections and so on which are by order of magnitude far more significant (though still probably inaudible)? There are even some masters that were recorded from archived vinyl...