IGNORED

Mytek 8x192: what do you think ?

Have anyone had the occasion to make an idea about the Mytek 8x192 dac ?

intel DG31PR - Windows 7 - Straightwire USB - Berkeley USB interface - Straightwire digital - Mytek 8x192 dac - ASI liveline interconnect - Bryston 4BSST2 - ASI liveline speaker cable - USHER Be 718 - Foobar 2000 WASAPI player

I was using Mytek 96DAC and 192ADDA as well, the latter with the Firewire optional card from my Macbook. Very neutral, musical DAC, and very good ADC as well. The Mytek break-out cable for the DB25 connector is surprisingly good, made by Gotham, can be used as AES or as analog cable. One of my sound engineer friend bought it for his mastering studio and later he bought another one. So for the price it is a very good deal for sure.

Ferenc,

you have written "i was using...". Now are you using it yet or have you sold it for something of better ?

intel DG31PR - Windows 7 - Straightwire USB - Berkeley USB interface - Straightwire digital - Mytek 8x192 dac - ASI liveline interconnect - Bryston 4BSST2 - ASI liveline speaker cable - USHER Be 718 - Foobar 2000 WASAPI player

Actually it was bought by a local mastering studio, the owner of the studio heard it in my system and liked it so much so gave me an irresistable offer :) Few weeks later the studio bought another one. They really like it.

I am using now a Naim DAC/XPS with a HiFace EVO. It is different, I would not say one is better than the other. I was very happy to live with the Mytek. There is a new Mytek DAC coming, a high-end two channel version which will have USB2 and Firewire interface as well, seems interesting.

• 9 months later...

Recently purchased the Mytek 8x192 E/W Firewire interface. Have been busy downloading hi-rez tracks for play back using PureMusic software. At this point my previous reference for CD playback has been a Wadia DAC. As I gain experience and listen thru some of my music, I will have additional comments on the Mytek. I did find the ADDA well made and the initial support I received from Alex at Mytek were most helpful in getting me started. more later.

RRay