IGNORED

Any Drive Recognition Problems With HD Tracks?

Forehaven

Over the last several days, after buying a flac 24/96 album, I tried to use their Download Manager to put the files onto my ext. fw drive. But no matter what we (myself and HD Tracks) tried, we could never get my mcp to recognize the ext fw drive. It's on a mcp running snow leopard with all the current updates incl. java. Same holds true when I tried a ext. apple drive, and a thumbdrive. All approp. seen in the Finder, but never seen in the 'Settings' of the D.load Manager.

The end around was to download it to my G5's large int. drive, then transfer the files onto my fw drive. (The G5 too failed to see the drive, but it is running leopard, which only goes to java 1.4 vs. 1.6 on snow leopard) The run around worked, but I'd love to see if any other users are having similar problems, and if so, how'd you fix it?

But I have to say, HD Tracks was very responsive. And the sound quality, even thru this older 16/44 dac sounds far better than redbook cds.

Chris

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

I guess the lack of responses means no one else is having this problem. Wonder what the heck is going on with my mcp. Hopefully I'll eventually work it out.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

• 7 months later...

Hi Chris

Did you end up working out, how to do it as I am having same problem, I have a Mac Mini with a external hard drive and I cant find it anywhere using option for destination! I have been putting down loads on the desk top than copy onto other external's, must be a easier way, hope you worked it out!

Thanks kel

krose

Hi Kel,

It actually turned out to be simple, a bad cable, that was causing the drive recognition. Before that though, I had success with the process: remove battery for 10 secs, put back in, then reset the PRAM by following the procedure on this webpage: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379?viewlocale=en_US

It's real easy. See if that helps. And try a different cable ;)

Good Luck

Chris