IGNORED

Audiophile level 75 Ohm BNC male to male adapter- do they exist?

I'm looking to plug my M2tech hiface straight with adapter into the rear end of my DAC, to both save on expensive and unnecessary cables, as well as try and eliminate one more item in the signal path. Also practically speaking, I have my DAC sitting on my HDPC computer box and a long digital cable really gets in the way.

Has anyone found a decent adapter for this purpose, and tried a sound comparison test between this tidy solution and a standard BNC to BNC digital cable? Does having digital cable ever improve the sound. I read that short cables can be a problem, but does this apply to a pure adaptor plug without cable?

I live in Australia, but very open to international stores.

Any quality adapter should work well. BNC is a connection standard that is used for RF transmissions, and as such it has to work for very high bandwidth transmissions (much higher than that required by SPDIF) so accurately transferring SPDIF data is pretty easy for a quality BNC connector. Here in the US it easy to purchase many different varieties of such adapters from Mouser.com. I suspect that you have an electronics supplier in your country that stocks these parts as well, look under RF connectors-adapters. I have found that Amphenol is a common brand that makes very high quality BNC connectors and adapters. Do not worry about things like gold plating for the outer sleeve (shield) connection, all that matters is the pin connection, this should be gold plated, and make sure that the part is rated at 75 ohms (you will find there are 50 ohm and 75 ohm rated parts).

As to whether this connection scheme will sound better... you will have to try it to find out, as how the BNC input at your DAC is terminated will have an impact on the quality of transmission.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Correct, (analogue) video uses 75ohm connectors.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

@KingStyles ... the OP was asking about back-to-back BNC (male-male) adaptor not general BNC-BNC cables.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.