IGNORED

Which OS are you using?

5 minutes ago, baskert said:

I know Win 10 is great , because my computer is running Win 10 .

But I don't know how to help my mother get password back .

With due respect to your mum, I suggest that she recall all the passwords she used for other accounts. Once, I have forgotten the password to my NAS and it took me almost a month to crack it. Turned out to be one of the combination I am familiar with. Birthdates, marriage date, first date, pet’s name, son’s girlfriend name and etc etc. That’s the best option. The reason I am suggesting this numbers because I admin about 70 passwords for others and this is their most common ones. Try also favorite color, cars, movies, actors. 

On 8/4/2018 at 5:52 AM, esldude said:

Windows 8.1 however is considerably easier on the hardware.  8.1 runs faster than 7.  10 on the other hand is a resource hog

I believe MS deceived us when they use the hardware compatible test to encourage us to upgrade. My W7 to W10, although starts faster but performs slowers. Another pc from W7 to W10 killed it. Another HP, which was on sale where it says W8 downgraded to W7 but after upgrading to W8.1 refused to update W10. Both HP and MS asking me to talk to each other. I gave up. But a fresh current machine on W10 is the best you can have with Windows.