IGNORED

Best SSD for music

12 hours ago, sandyk said:

" Practice what you Preach"

Check out MY Profile and you will find answers to that, including the 7th photo down which is a dual +12V to +5V Low noise (<4uV) PSU add on  to supply 2 SSDs with Isolation of the power supply between each

I have NO separate Linear PSUs in my PC Audio set up , only a simple low noise voltage regulator that works in conjunction with the existing internal SMPS.

I have nothing further to say to you on this subject, as I have way better things to do such as evaluate some of John Dyson's recent corrected CD versions.

BYE .!

And yet, none of this answers why one SSD would sound better than any other... Or how the spinning drives in my external enclosure connected to a Mac mini running Roon and HQPlayer that then sends its 1s and 0s over my network to an Optical Rendu Signature SE and then to my DAC effect the sound I hear, or would be made better by SSDs driven by your idea of a good power supply which must perform magic on the magnetic fields and EMI created by the drive itself.

No electron left behind.

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Gilles said:

Thanks, AudioDoctor.

Looks like the topic of the quality of SSDs has been put to bed.

This is, likely, to be the only SSD that makes any difference in sound quality. Although @WuBai does make some interesting points regarding power consumption, I wonder how big the differences actually are.

https://jcat.eu/product/m-2-femto-ssd/

No electron left behind.