IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Consumer attitudes about how companies should treat them have clearly evolved.  In certain cases, like Facebook, Google, Instagram, etc. where we the consumer is the product that the Company sells to its advertisers, we ought to have a lot of voice in what those websites look like, do with our data, respond to us...but the reality is that they are so big, that we individually have no voice whatsoever.  By contrast, on a site like this, where we, as consumers, also provide much of the content, Chris is very much involved in wanting to hear from us and make improvements to the site that matter to us.  

But Qobuz, Tidal and Roon are real product sites, they primarily offer a product/service they have built and that we want to buy.  They also have real and viable competition, so that if we don't like their product, we can go elsewhere.  But, I can easily see that they do not view us as having the same authority over them and their product offerings as do the sites where we are "the product."  

Interestingly, Roon has created Roon Community to address much of this and it both enlists members of the Community to assist new members with questions, but it also serves as a way to measure how many users actually share a particular question, problem or dislike -- allowing them to respond accordingly.  Senior Executives from the Company regularly participate on the forum and offer their views/answers.  

I'm not sure why Tidal/Qobuz choose not to do something similar.  Even Jussi at Signalyst (the maker of HQPlayer) uses forums here and at Roon to both respond to his customers and allow his more sophisticated customers to respond to user questions.  Both places provide a lot of useful information.   In that regard, this Official Qobuz thread serves the same purpose -- raise your issues here and Qobuz will see which issues create a lot of common feelings and which don't.  

But I don't see it as Qobuz, Tidal or Roon's responsibility to respond to single user questions or issues.  Hopefully, they have millions of users and it makes no economic sense to respond to them one at a time--but a lot of sense to respond to shared issues that hundreds or thousands raise as concerns.  If we don't expect Google, Microsoft, Apple or Facebook to reply to us individually (when we are the product), I hardly see how we should expect that from companies that actually sell real products...

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)