IGNORED

Chords New M -Scaler

I still don’t understand the point of M-Scaler.  Why wouldn’t PC be able to do the same, or why wouldn’t an offline conversion do the job ?  I have seen Rob and some one else keep claiming that his filter and algorithms are perfected and superiors to others.  Very interesting 

are there other similar filters ? Or is his really superior

4 hours ago, Jud said:

If anyone wants to see whether using what I will technically call a "shitload" of taps will make a difference, you can try Audirvana Plus with the iZotope SRC, which does anywhere from 10,000 to 2,000,000 taps. Or you can get iZotope itself on trial and do the conversion offline if you like.

Which iZotope? And does it use WAT filter ? Or Linear phase

From what I experiences and the stands of debates from Chord.  Their products is within it’s own Eco system.  I would never accept the fact that USB sounds better than I2S.  The native language of DAC is I2S, and USB needs interpreter.  Just like anything else, interpreter is never original, period.

The price for Chord products are expensive, and whoever believes it is best, they can always enjoy it.

After all, satisfaction is the goal.  It could be objective such as brand and pricing, or subjective of sound performances 

Well, there is no Software VS hardware.

They are both parts of your devices.  Your PC can’t run without an OS.  The same as MScaler.  People are interested because for whatever Chord is saying on the MScaler, it look achievable by a simple software on a PC (without using MScaler).

the thing is that, we don’t know exactly what WAT filters are.  But from whatever being told, it is a perfected Filters for upscaling as it would even down convert Native Studio DSD into PCM to get processed by Chord Own DAC.

it is another saying is that, you all suck! Only Chord knows how to properly convert digital sound to analog sound in a perfect way

Yes, some experts has already being saying that WAT filters is just another term By Chord for Linear Filters.  Anyways, no one knows as no one can look into those sources codes and figure out what it exactly is yet.

It is just wrong to say FPGA can do something that a PC can’t

Everybody has the right to be proud of their products.  However, the way the M-Scaler is doing and RW marketing, it offend other people, including the engineers, the artists, the studios, and even enthusiast 

see ? SACD from a Native Studio meant that it is a perfected tracks in everything that the studio want the listener to listen to, without tinkering and alternating the sound signatures.  That is what Native DSD is all about

Now, let’s not get into why DSD is better or worse than PCM.  I enjoy both under different circumstances.  However, if you claim that you rather sell people equipments that Down Convert Native DSD from a Studio to PCM regardless of rate, because you believe that your other equipments will do a more accurate jobs ? 

Are you kidding me ? Do you know how much a Studio invest in their resources ? To be outdone by your mere Chord Stack ? Give me a break

I am not flaming on Chord, but I am not a blind sheep either.  I used to respect Chord, but losing it every day.

I wouldn’t feel so bad if Chord simply states “by using M-Scaler, the consumers can have their own Chord house sound even from Native DSD tracks”.  This statements is different than “recovering the most accurate Informations at ADC stages and reconstruct it more accurately”.  Huge different 

I just take that DSD from a Studio is processed by the Studio and engineers.  SpaceX resources is different than NASA.  Both of them have engineers and a huge team behind it to keep tinkering with different goals in mind to get the result.  You honestly think NASA can not do it like SpaceX ? They just don’t want to (thanks to all that budget cutting)

Back at Native DSD.  It is modulated and processed with all the digital filters, and whatever else in the chain.  Yes, I am aware that different DAC will alter the sound signatures.  But my point stands, Native DSD from an SACD is what the engineers, the artist, and the Studio believe and want the consumer to hear.

I have 0 problems with down converting your Native DSD contents and have it played back by S/D system, as I said that I enjoy both DSD and PCM in different circumstances 

I do have problems when someone say that they believe they have perfected a software and hardware that put other studios and engineers to shame

10 hours ago, mansr said:

I've upsampled part of a CD track 16x using a variety of filters. If you don't mind, I'd like to randomise the order and get some impressions without anyone knowing what's what. I'll post a link once the upload completes.

I am afraid unless your ears and your system is capable of hearing into -200Db differences....0_0.  I have seen that claims