IGNORED

New Nelsons/BSO Shostakovich 4 & 11 on DG — Why no hi-res?

I’ve been eagerly anticipating this new recording, which was finally released on July 6. But it appears that, unlike previous releases in the series, no hi-res downloadable version has been made available (at least on HDtracks, ProStudioMasters, and Presto). Does anyone have inside information on why this is so? I can’t believe that it was recorded in 44.1/16 only.

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

34 minutes ago, sockpit said:

I don’t know, but I too love the BSO sound and their now 3 Shosti albums.

I stream with Qobuz, and on the 11th and 11th only, the transitions between movements is very abrupt and rather crude sounding.

are you hearing the same? In what format?  Thanks.

Haven’t heard it yet. Still hoping to download a hi-res version. I really don’t want to download a CD-quality version, but I’ll do it if it turns out to be the only option.

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

19 minutes ago, Daverz said:

Presto doesn't offer me (in the US) hi-rez at all, just 16/44.

Yep—my situation exactly. Hoping the hi-res version will be made available to those of us in the US soon!

Thank you!!! I actually saw an “offer” price of just $14.50, so I nabbed it. It’s highly unlikely that it’ll be cheaper via HDtracks or ProStudioMasters.

5 hours ago, sockpit said:

Ok guys, when you listen to your downloads, plz let me know how the transition between mvts on the 11th is.  In my streaming via Qobuz of this album, the transitions are so abrupt you think it’s skipping to the next track.  I don’t think it is, but it’s unpleasant to say the least.  The 4th is fine.  Thx.

Just listened to the 96/24 download of the 11th, and the transition between movements is completely seamless.  Good sound and performance, too (with a couple of unusual touches).  I still have a soft spot for Berglund (EMI), Haitink (Decca), and Stokowski (EMI), though.