IGNORED

High powered integrated amp recommendations

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Kimo said:

I am not only interested in components made in the USA.  For what it is worth, my server is made in Portugal by a Portuguese company, my DAC in Italy by an Italian company, my phono stage in England by an English Company, my phono cartridge in Germany by a German company.  There is a theme here, SJK, but not the one you are thinking.  I even own an Oppo.

I will confess that I am fan of things like limits on power, human rights, environmental protections, access to opportunity for all, and all those other grand ideas that seem to be available on nation state sliding scale, and it does affect what I choose to purchase.  

I think it’s great that you explained why you have no interest in some companies. I first thought you dismissed them on completely other terms than you now have clarify. I also look for manufacturer that work in line with Corporate Social Responsibility and that produce products with relatively small environmental impact.

• 4 months later...
14 hours ago, sfseay said:

That is the first time I have heard the 585 as sounding dark.  I guess you haven’t heard it or you wouldn’t say that.  I own a 585 and it is far from dark sounding.  Nobody would pay over $10,000.00 for a dark sounding integrated.  Very neutral sounding integrated.  

It sounds so good I’m selling my beloved Pass Labs INT-30A.

Mark Levinson 585 is awesome. At least Mark Levinson older amps was like ARC a bit dark sounding compared to Krell et al, nothing wrong with that.