IGNORED

Is anyone using IsoAcoustics Iso Pucks?

I used to have an office down the hall from a P3 lab (which they did NOT tell me)...

BTW, the usual idea with box speakers is to use sharp points to prevent them from moving and hence creating a Doppler Effect; these things seem opposite to that

oh hey - buy my Beats headphonies and you can use them to isolate yourself from noise

ok, this was long ago and far away...  they were either free or cheap then, and one day we were sittin' around smoking dope and wondering what to do, so I said "Let's take the medcats!  just for fun."  So we did.  Neither of us had plans to go to med school (grad school instead).

I worked down thru the questions and then put my pencil down and stretched.  I noticed that the other test takers were shocked and horrified.  Several sections and people freaked out when I stopped working early on each section.

I dunno if my buddy did the same but he ultimately did go to med school and wound up at Cleveburg Clinic.

Dunno - I'd pick something cheap and then move on up until I detected no improvement to IM 

I guess the test music should be loud and bass heavy to maximize box movement

(maybe ask your surgical buddies which Led Zep tracks they like to jam to in the OR)

When I had Vandersteens I had some long spikes with screw heads on the other end - can't recall if they came with the V's or not - I sold them in 1994 so it's been a while

The material they are digging in to may be more important that the type of spike.  Best would be to drill some really big bolts into El Capitan and epoxy them in.

lighter but stiffer; the FG hood flexes in the wind & with bumps* - that is either one of the famed S/T's or a hotrod based on it

* in fact, one crazy person did a computational finite element mode on the 911 hood - I have a pic if you want to see; proof that not all crazy people are in audio...