IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

i am using alienware 15r3 and i have an 8TB external hard drive filled with music, it keeps crashing when I scan the music 

I simply gave up what to do, any advise this is really important for me to scan that external WD hard drive as what the use of audirvana if it can not scan my music 

also i experience lag scrolling for music by artist that got scanned, i am sure its not my laptop at alienware 15r3 has good enough specs

I bought audirvana Plus , please help for gods sake

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, can I ask , I bought audirivana for my windows 10 alienware 15 r3, and I have an external WD 8 Terra hard drive that I connect to my windows 10 laptop, and audiravan keeps crashing when it scans it . I tired 10 times and no success, while when i installed roon it easily scanned the whole drive. Since I already bought the audirivana I do not want to buy roon just because of this auriravna bug in scanning my external hard drive, please help what to do. To be honest this is a deal breaker for me, and if that does not get resolved I wish to get a refund for buying something that simply can not scan an 8 Terra external hard drive 

4 minutes ago, damien78 said:

There is an issue with some damaged audio files that cause this infinite loop issue.

I've got such a damaged flac file from a user, and having reproduced this issue, I'm now working on a fix.

can u plz tell me how long this fix will take, as i really am in limo what to do now, as there is no way for me to know which file causes this issue among the big library i have

53 minutes ago, rando said:

@hykhleif Checking for correct metadata couldn't hurt if you are missing things you know should be included.

A+ has been very stable on my Windows laptop.  Long buried memories of software and drivers on a Dell and iTunes on Windows combined to trigger a very cautious response.  :)

greetings

i updated and still the same thing, I attached the dump file so you can look at, could it be that I have malware hidden in my library

AudirvanaPlus.dmp

if its a hidden malware or something how on earth can find it, as I have tons of music folders. I ran antivirus and does not find anything. But how come roon scanned it without a problem at all

42 minutes ago, rando said:

Sorry I can't personally be of help. 

@damien78 might be able to see something. 

You could also try being proactive and only point A+ at segments of your library to eliminate potential sources for the issue you are having. 

now that is  possible to do, this can take endless days  to do that and I have no time to waste on such task

I do not know if this will be fixed or not, but if not really its a huge bummer, since roon could scan my drive without issues I would expect A+ to do the same, that is why I bought the A+ to enjoy a good user experience, and not to start fiddling with countless hours of how to scan my folders. Anyway am I happy, not at all

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

And done, you can restart Audirvana Plus to get the update to 1.2.9

thanks I will I will try and report back

I adore the sound quality i get from A+ and I really hope this will fix it

I will report back, thanks so much for your kind help

Can I ask for a huge favor, can you make my the size of the letters to be bigger and in a different color, as its difficult to see the of th letters