IGNORED

iTunes problem. Does not start. Please help!

We have a new modem installed by our new internet provider (10 days ago) and this has ignited a chain of problems. After 3 days, internet connection was out. I fiddeled with everything but alaas, no game. Now I am no longer able to start iTunes. Yesterday, the internet provider did a service and found out the new modem was kaputt already. It was replaced. So we have internet, but still no iTunes. The Apple reseller I called yesterday remotely took over my screen but could not solve the problem. So if you folks can't help me, I have to take the iMac to the store after the long weekend, which is something like amputating a limb...

When I try to start iTunes, I get the following message: "The file 'iTunes Library Extras.itdb' is secured, is located on a secured disk or you do not have authority to write to this file"

Any idea's?

Fully Balanced Differential Stereo: Jamo R909 < Emotiva XPA-1 < XLR < Emotiva XSP-1 < Weiss DAC2 < Oyaide d+ FW400/800 < iMac < Synology DS1815+ NAS

Software: Amarra Symphony iRC, XLD, iTunes.

It is what is called a file "permissions problem" Either the file is owned by someone else or else the permissions somehow got changed so you no longer have the ability to change the contents of that file.

The nuclear option is to find that file, and if you are ok with using unix commands in the Terminal.app,

cd to the directory

sudo chmod 777 "iTunes Library Extras.itdb"

then you or anyone should be able to write to it for the rest of eternity.

You can also do the equivalent from the Get Info function in the Finder.