IGNORED

Hazmat Modine - recommended by way of Natalie Merchant

Just discovered a new (to me) band and thought I'd share here.

Hazmat Modine is a NYC-based band that "has the soul of a blues band and the energy of a brass band". (Not my words)

Hazmat Modine collaborated with Natalie Merchant on two songs from her latest project - Leave To Sleep, specifically, The Peppery Man, and The Blind Men and the Elephant. HM's style comes through loud and clear on Peppery Man.

Imagine two harp players (aka harmonica), and a brass band (complete with sousaphone) having loads of fun making whimsical, dare I say "happy", blues-based music.

Of course, in this day and age, you can download for a listen before purchase. Their single CD is called Bahamut, and it was their encore song here at Terra Blues (on Bleecker St in Gerrnwich Village) last Saturday night.

Very dynamic performers, with a great sound that I find almost indescribable, and addicting. I'm willing to bet this band has a different lineup nearly every time they play. Loads of instruments, lots of solos, great musical performers.

They'll be in Europe over the summer and back at Terra Blues on Saturday, May 15th.

Ping me if you go, we'll try to meet up.

Enjoy,

Clay