IGNORED

Any updates/news on the Berkeley Audio Design Async USB to AES convertor?

I heard that it's going to be the best thing since sliced bread. And we all know how awesome that is.

Last I heard was "summer". And that it'll cost "under $2k". FWIW, I have no idea why it would cost even half that, but what do I know. Though, I do have my suspicions as to why it might cost that much ....

It will be big. Like orca big. At least a full rack unit. Maybe two. With a machined aluminum faceplate at least 2" thick. And it'll be purple. With flashy blue and red LEDs all over the place that will be able to strobe to the pulse of the bits that flow through it. Or play a little ditty in braille. Your choice. Oh, and all wiring will be optional, so you'll have the chance to implement your favorite uber-cable solution for external wiring AND internal wiring, but the recommended upgrade will be to use all-silver wiring, hand spun and wound by nude, nubile Dominican nuns squirreled away somewhere in the Andes. And the whole thing will be fried by a Tesla coil for quantum accelerated performance. And it'll be bullet proof, bomb proof, and shielded from EMP blasts so that it will survive Judgment Day and provide a platform from which SkyNet can launch more attacks on humanity.

Did I mention it will be purple?

• 1 year later...