IGNORED

Why!? Please Tell Me Why!

20 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

The thread is a troll....  There has been a lot of discussion surrounding all sorts of things in this thread. For heaven's sake, don't add fuel to trolls, and stay out of discussions of things that you don't know anything about....

Hey, stop that. This is a quality thread. One of my finest!

23 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Some people have implied that I live in la-la land when describing how convincing sound comes across, :D, and that I claim that I'm "unique". And I respond that other people do grok the experience, but have used other paths to get there - just came across a review that nicely encapsulates some of the subjective aspects ... note that this is all about the DAC, and how this "they all sound the same!" component needs to be in top form, to get the results, http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?23452-Aries-Cerat-Kassandra-II-Ref-DAC-Wow!/page16.

Ha! This guy put this up on Head fi a couple days ago. Makes some lofty claims.......

13 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Here's the definitive response to the OP from Steve Guttenberg posted today  9_9 :

This is actually a reasonable approach, though I still would not shell out big bucks for cables. However, a quick aside-Steve, if you are reading this-I seriously believe your long hair is interfering with your hearing. Those ears are totally obscured. ?

15 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Cables don't add anything to the sound; they alter it. I believe what you meant to say is that you want cables that alter the sound to the least extent. However, it's a combination of the characteristics of both the cable and the associated equipment that accounts for the difference.

If said cables are "altering" sound, then they are effectively adding or subtracting  something. That said, yes I desire the most neutral interfaces as possible. 

22 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

I guess I must be an exception, since I know that well designed cables do not have any audible effect in a well designed system. And by well-designed, I don't mean expensive or high-end or the monstrosities that started this thread. Just properly engineered. 

You are not an exception....you are an inspiration to many.

8 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Other than the above, just buy fanciest, most expensive Phaatie-est cables and enjoy the warm euphonic glow of confirmation bias at its best :o

The thread that keeps on giving. Much to the annoyment of others. Gonna get me some of those big snakes!!! Then my stereo will sound great!!!