IGNORED

Why!? Please Tell Me Why!

13 hours ago, fas42 said:

I've spent 30 years steadily developing that attitude - I have heard too much atrocious playback from ambitious systems to pay any attention to what others claim their systems are telling them ... and using that belief is a very powerful tool to pushing one forward to get ever better playback. It may please one's ego to think that one's system is "better" than a whole lot of recordings, but believing such shortcircuits a whole world of possibilities in terms of listening pleasure.

What on earth does that have to do with your statement that "if playback sounds lousy, it's always the rig, not the recording"? I have numerous recordings that are basically unlistenable no matter what magical process you use to fine tune your stereo. What is that process by the way? You keep mentioning that you use it but the only concrete item that you've mentioned is soldering the interconnects to the equipment instead of plugging them in. And, "paying attention to the details". What details are most important? Are you never going to let the rest of us in on your techniques?