IGNORED

Schiit embarrassed at AXPONA

13 hours ago, GUTB said:

But I’m told on this forum that price doesn’t matter. It’s not like the Song 3As are junk...or are they? To be 100% honest I’ve never heard a Salk that I’d describe as being excellent or superior, but that could be for reasons of setup, room, equipment, etc. 

BTW I’ll also point out that class D across the board was inferior. I heard the latest W4S, the big Cherry monos, a PS Audio setup (stereo amp, didn’t get the model), and maybe 1 or 2 I’m forgetting about. Insipid, lacking in inner detail, reality, etc.Very forgettable sound.

Maybe your condition is causing you to not hear or understand audio like you think. 

The Truth Is Out There

2 hours ago, GUTB said:

I’m 100% neurotypical.

Not an excuse, I have PTSD from 18 years in the military watching brothers get their limbs blown off, and seeing people vaporized  in bombings,, but I don't use that as an excuse.  So stop using your excuse as to why you don;t understand audio.  Its getting rather old.

The Truth Is Out There

13 hours ago, GUTB said:

The Cantons I think are $20k (Reference 4K?). The Salk Song 3As are $4k. The Songs have great parts: RAAL ribbons and Accuton drivers. I’ve been interested in Salk for a while, but they don’t offer any kind of return or in-home demo policy which makes me very hesitant to try them out. It doesn’t help that whenever I hear them at shows they tend to be inferior — not bad, just not as good as other manufacturers.

I’ll be honest. Most of the time if something makes me turn my head at these shows it often ends up being European in origin like this very good sounding (and looking) Auris system:

20180414_122610.thumb.jpg.437736719d6824bc1e7e1c2abeb4e7d9.jpg

Regarding Salk, you're comment is a little in error.  I've been working with Jim Salk on some SoundScape 8's and there is a 30 day return on standard finish models only which is understandable.   Jim is easy to talk to and is full of knowledge on helping you match a speaker to your listening room and amp choice.

The Truth Is Out There