IGNORED

Arcam USB DAC ... Coming Soon!

Just been reading about new Arcam DAC with Async USB interface. A few details and picture here, though it doesn't mention the USB is Async. This was stated in HiFi Choice magazine.

Cost will be around £300.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 1 month later...

It's rumored that Arcam are working with dCS on this DAC - probably not WRT to their Ring DAC technology (though who knows - previous Arcam CD players have used a version of dCS's Ring DAC) but with SPDIF receiver and async USB technologies.

Will this (if the rumors are true) but the first async USB DAC which also allows SPDIF input?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Thanks Eloise for the update (from our UK correspondent)!

My Arcam CD player with Ring-Dac was great sounding. It was always disappointing that it didn't have an input to the DAC section, instead of an output to bypass the DAC.

clay