IGNORED

"Audio Without Numbers" by Herb Reichert

1 minute ago, crenca said:

No.  As to his general place in philosophy, you get Kant wrong. You get Aristle wrong.  Go take a class.  As to Kant's place in the philosophy of science, I don't believe you (though modern philosophy was not the focus of my studies - I focused on classical philosophy).  Someone familiar with the philosophy of science will no doubt chime in, but western science/methodological materialism is at core an anti-metaphysics. 

The "poor science" accusation the result of the straw man - it is not what audio objectivists are claiming.

" The "poor science" accusation the result of the straw man - it is not what audio objectivists are claiming. "

What are they claiming? Can you address why their testing is "better" science than those who are doing more, and more thorough testing with both better measuring equipment, and with comparative listening tests? And, - testing many more aspects of the experience?

""As to his general place in philosophy, you get Kant wrong""

Even if that were true, - which it isn't. (Why not tell me why it is wrong, what is his place exactly, why not explain.)?

""Go take a class."

Why don't you?

""though modern philosophy was not the focus of my studies - I focused on classical philosophy""

I focused more on "modern philosophy"

""Someone familiar with the philosophy of science will no doubt chime in, but western science/methodological materialism is at core an anti-metaphysics. ""

Again... but, this is irrelevant to Kant's (for lack of a shorter way to say it) definitions of knowledge. Whether or not Kant preferred, talked about, or was labelled as a metaphysician is (again) irrelevant. Especially since Kant, - in his early work promoted REASON and sang the praises of Copernican science.

Empirical knowledge is not metaphysics. Empirical knowledge is not lesser than (apriori) mathematical equations. Technical measurements ARE empirical knowledge.

After this amount of posts, I am speculating that my questions (re: empirical data) from before will go unanswered, en lieu of a "beyond the scope" of this and Herb's article, namely who Immanuel Kant was: which is of course so irrelevant..... 

26 minutes ago, Ron Scubadiver said:

@Albrecht  Don't waste your time fussing at me.  Take your credit card and run (don't walk) to your favorite supplier for another expensive hit.  I guess you did not look up "Veblen Goods".  

"" I guess you did not look up "Veblen Goods".  ""

didn't need to, I know what it is...  no need to for me to stoop to your level of ignorance here.....

"" Don't waste your time fussing at me."

Pot meet Kettle, Don't waste your time in a place that you don't belong

""Take your credit card and run (don't walk) to your favorite supplier for another expensive hit."

Enjoy listening to your junk-ass TV speakers