IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

I might have missed this...do you have a mailing list that will let us know when this comes out?

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Organik DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

Connected to back end by: Transparent Ethernet 

BACK END: Digital: Internet > OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < AD Queen Squarewave Clock < Roon Nucleus + (internal 7TB SSD music library) Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER,Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR7T > Clock, Nucleus. SR7T > ER & OpticalModule, SR4 > Switch. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

• 2 months later...

Hello Superdad et al,

I am the market for an audiophile switch. 

I have been following this thread for some time. I am afraid my non-technical brain has become a little confused. What I really want to know, is your product going to support the network in the following image: 

714509587_NetworkDiagram.thumb.png.5f3d9720ac7246b322b2939292399a99.png

I would love to give you my business if it does. Superdad has always been super responsive to my questions in the past and I have enjoyed our, albeit short, conversations.

Thanks,

Michael

ps. the Router hooks up to an Oppo BluRay player

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Organik DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

BACK END: Digital: Internet > OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < AD Queen Squarewave Clock < Roon Nucleus + (internal 7TB SSD music library) Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER,Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR7T > Clock, Nucleus. SR7T > ER & OpticalModule, SR4 > Switch. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

Also, you wrote "Optical Isolation" in your diagram just before the "Switch." John assumed that was a pair of FMCs (fiber media converters, and he pointed out that EtherREGEN has an SFP cage for optical input, with the idea that you would set aside the downstream end of it and run right into the EtherREGEN, hence his mention of being sure to get a compatible SFP module. Or maybe your router has a fiber port to com directly from, so that's similar.

But perhaps you meant something different with your "Optical Isolation" square on your block diagram.  It is helpful to be explicit about such things so that any answers you receive are on target.

I do use FMCs for the optical section. Ethernet to the switch.

This is awesome news! Very very excited. 

i will make sure to have the right setup to use the optical in on your product.

And I won’t ask any questions about price or availability :)

Superdad,

In lieu of constantly monitoring this thread, is the best way to find out about preorder/launch to sign up for the newsletter on your web site?

Or is really about monitoring this thread?

Michael

Perfect. Thank you Superdad. 

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!

I will run this with a LPS. I have em, why not. Just to confirm - 12v will work with the etheRegen? That’s what I gleaned from John Swenson’s earlier post.

Im not an electrical person so forgive my naïveté.

4 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Yes, 7~12 volts.  Capable of about 10 watts (So 7V/1.4A, 9V/1A, 12V/0.8A).

As always, thanks Superdad. Looking forward to your new product.