IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

13 hours ago, Superdad said:

He is getting closer.  The bare PCBs for the "clock cascade/blocking test/validation board" are on hand, but there are so many parts for the board that he decided to finish building his parts placing robot.  Below is an early pic.  It is MUCH further along now; control board wiring, camera mounting, vacuum pick-up, and computer connections are all being finished now.  I can't wait until it is done so he can post a video of it in action.

5af79365b200b_2018-04-2818_04_49.thumb.jpg.30d88dbb407feffd7ef2f044c838c66d.jpg

imageproxy.php?img=&key=d2060de9cb713f96imageproxy.php?img=&key=d2060de9cb713f96

Definitely need a video seeing this in action!! Can't wait :-)

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

@Superdad I suppose its too late to ask for 2 optical cages on the ether regen?

1 for netowrk in and another on the output side to feed an opticaliRendu and then aksing the wish fairy to make the optical on the output side as good as the cat5 isolated output??

I know its not probalbly practical at this point in time,  but with the iminent launch of the opticalRendu i think several people would now like more than 1 optical connection

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Yes, you have all that correct except that—because the design now has separate femto clocks, clock synthesizers, and ultra low-jitter differential flip-flops on both sides of the active digital isolator circuit/moat, with top-notch power networks everywhere—there really is not one “cleanest” port any longer.

They are all very clean—with great clocking—and they all block leakage currents (due to other design choices), it is just that as John explained—and you understood—one copper port is entirely in its own domain, so best use of the EtherREGEN will be as you describe, using both sides.

We’ll publish a block diagram at some point that will help folks get a visual feel for it.  Will make more sense to all then.

Thank you for the new information on the EtherRegen, @Superdad @JohnSwenson now we have a clean side and a not clean side as it were ( active digital isolator circuit/moat) is it possible to add another port, be it copper or Optical on the same side as port 5?

1 hour ago, Solstice380 said:

I’m thinking that UpTone is trying to bring the eGEN to production ASAP and that all of our requests aren’t going to change the design at this point.   If you prefer a different switch’s feature set, go for that one!

The EtherREGEN does have the features i'm after, I was just asking if it was possible to add a port, expecting a 'no' answer but there is never any harm in asking if something would be possible is there? 🙂