IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

15 hours ago, octaviars said:

I have a similare setup and I will use the etherRegen in my "audio power domain" and feed it fiber optic LAN from my Ubiquiti router. From one of the RJ45 LAN on the etherRegen I will connect my Roon ROCK server and the single isolated RJ45 port will go to my streamer.

It will look something like this when I am done, might be some changes on the PSU as that is stuff from my system I have today and that might change. The purple line shows the seperation of my power supplys as the ethernet going to my audio is over fiber.

531078062_FldesschemadCSNB.thumb.png.f3bbdb392c572b92fa24816d304555b8.png

Why not put the ROCK server to the left of your isolation line on a 19v line from the existing HD Plex PSU.

All playback traffic will now come over the optical link from Uniti switch to the EtherRegen switch, and then cross the moat to the dCS Bridge (Streamer).

You will then just need a PSU for the EtherRegen or use the one that will be supplied, given the EtherRegen is reported to have been designed with superior onboard voltage lines. You will then have complete power lines and data isolation initially via the optical fibre and then the EtherRegen’s moat.

Of course, if you wanted to power the EtherRegen with an UltraCap LPS 1.2, but until it is confirmed as 1) supported and 2) makes a difference, why not plan to use the supplied PSU?

• 1 month later...

If there is an offer of Beta testing, I am available as well.

Port B would be connected to a Naim NDS/555DR network player.

Port A’s would be UltraRendu running the SonoreUPnP Bridge (giving Roon capability to the NDS), a RPi2 running Asset UPnP server, and the connection to the ‘backend’ components upstairs (NUC running ROCK Roon Core, NAS containing the content, some 8TB of music (~6k Albums/80k tracks)

EtherRegen would be replacing a Cisco SG110-5 unmanaged switch, with a 12v/5v dual voltage LPS. Hopefully a ‘drop-in’ upgrade.

thanks,

Simon (in Dublin)

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!

Well, my intended use of an EtherRegen & UltraRendu is different, as the UltraRendu running SonoreUPnP Bridge, will be connected to ‘A’ ports, along with feed from NUC/Rock Roon Server & NAS, with the ‘B’ port going to my Naim NDS network player.

Yes, would be different if the UltraRendu was the USB output to a DAC path & not part of the TCP/IP path to a unit with a Ethernet input, then a Burr-Brown PCM1704U based 'sign-magnitude' digital converter stage with an analogue stage on a brass isolation platform.

Simon.

But why not - the UltraCap products work well (I have a LPS 1 powering a UltraRendu) and are well supported.

Customers report good things for the LPS 1.2, the ISOregen and JS2 products.

John’s designs in the Rendu range, Optical modules are also well received and work well.

We have followed the design parameters and reasoning in this switch.

We also have read that use of a quality switch makes improvements to a streamed audio path - there are many reports of how the CISCO Catalyst 8-port switch performs, and that is just a general purpose enterprise class switch - now apply focused design and good engineering practices on the problem and the results have the potential of being well worth it.

Looking forward to this step of system improvements.

• 1 month later...

AudioStore shipment notification also received - delivery expected Thursday.

But presently in Mozambique, on business, so will be Saturday before I can retrieve from Collection point.

Looking forward to introducing into my system, once it has warmed up again & my hearing has recovered from the 3 flights it takes to get back from here!

ReadyNAS -> Roon ROCK -> UltraRendu running SonoreUPnP Bridge on A, B -> Naim NDS Network player

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Also making good progress on the new Power supply, and EtherREGEN projects.

Can’t believe it will be 4-years since I received my EtherREGEN in November ‘19 before we all knew anything about Covid and about what was to happen worldwide.

Just goes to show, we all next know what is around the corner, but as long we all continue to do the right things, it will all be ok.