IGNORED

SSD Drive on Sale at NewEgg

I know many here like to use SSD drive in their music server system so I'm posting what I thought is a good deal:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-SlickDeals&cm_mmc=AFC-SlickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16820227461

60GB SSD for $124 is not bad right?

DIY JBL 4345 Clones (currenly using Yuichi A-290 Horns w/ JBL 2441+Truextent Diaphragms in lieu of JBL 2307+2425). Bi-amped with Plinius SA-100 MKIII and McIntosh 7270 w/ Marchand XM-9 Crossover. Herron VTSP-1 Pre-amp (sometimes swapped with Django TVC). Lynx AES16(PCI)based music server. On the hunt for a DAC.

This is a good deal. Note that it is the "lower class" version of SSD. It is MLC, not SLC. Chris has said that he can hear a difference. I have an OCZ SLC disk and like it. I have never compared it to an MLC version. Probably, I would not be able to hear a difference.

I am thinking of going with a 30 as my Mac is only showing about 17 being used with pretty much what I want/need to have on it to do what I want/need it to do... Snow Leopard, iTunes, Amarra, InsomniaX, MAX, Pure Music, and XLD.

Dave Clark[br]Editor, Positive Feedback Online