IGNORED

Article: dCS Rossini DAC Review

25 minutes ago, amir57bs said:

Chris

please consider It is clear that many audiophiles are happy with dCS and you are one of them.

it is clear that many audiophiles prefer CD to LP and they are happy with playing CD or high rez files, i have no problem with their happynes.

My critique is about sound of dCS not about your happyness with dCS.

Chris your loudspeaker will change the game if you listen dCS in Living voice horn system. Living voice could render microdynamics of music with fuller harmonic structure . Living voice could show you dCS is not rich and dCS could not render microdynamics .

Amir

Hi, im on this site to find a digital front end to match my analog sources, ive heard DCS Vivaldi and many others. Do you think digital can now match analog?

4 hours ago, amir57bs said:

dCS is good if you have low sensitivity speaker/high power high feedback solid-state amplifier . dcs is good for lean clean/High resolution systems not for live loudspeakers like living voice.

I know between dry sounding DACs the dCS sound is more open than many other DACs but it will not shine in dynamic systems.

if you want to be close to analog the digital as its best is combination of CEC TL0-X Transport with Bit-Perfect R-2R Kondo/Audionote UK/CEC DACs with a really good AC Regenarator and good SPDIF Cable .

but even at those level properly setup Analog is better . 

quality of media records is also different ,many CD records are not good in comparison by old LP records.

long story short :

we should judge audio equipments in a system that do not mask micro information of records.

dCS is perfect if the loudspeaker/amplifier mask the micro information but dCS is not good if Loudspeaker/Amplifier reveal the micro information.

Amir

Thanks alot, guess I'll keep looking