IGNORED

The new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2: USER IMPRESSIONS and QUESTIONS thread

Just checking in after a long absence to say that I'm very happy with the two new LPS1.2s that I purchased recently.  I have one powering my SOtM SMS200 streamer (12v setting) and the other powering my ISO Regen (7v setting), with both energized by the new Uptone SMPS'. 

Imaging is more 3 dimensional - near holographic on some good recordings, vocalists have more midrange presence and the bass seems to have deepened a tad.

Great job John and Alex.  I'm looking forward to more goodies from Uptone...

• 4 months later...

I am now the happy owner of a total of 4 LPS-1.2 power supplies.  Each of them has given me an improvement in sound quality with better imaging and space around performers as well as deeper bass.  They are used for powering:

1. Lumin D1

2. SOtM SMS-200 Ultra

3. ISO Regen between SMS-200 Ultra and DAC

4. ISO Regen between iMac and Steinberg USB Audio Interface

1 minute ago, Superdad said:

Happy clients with multiple units—my favorite kind!  You guys (and a few gals) are the best!  :)

Thanks so much,

—Alex C. and John S.

P.S.  Lumin D1, cool match. Bet it really kicks its SQ up a notch.

The Lumin D1 and LPS-1.2 is indeed a good match and, in my system, better than the supplied D1 SMPS.  Soundstaging is improved with more depth and the music sounds more "relaxed", not so digital.  I was pleasantly surprised that the LPS-1.2 could power the D1 given that the D1's requirement was 12V 1.5A, but since I'm not using any connected USB devices, I'm guessing the D1 does not need so much juice.