IGNORED

The new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2: USER IMPRESSIONS and QUESTIONS thread

20 hours ago, Superdad said:

Should not be that much hotter--if at all--when running it set to output 7V.  I am going to do some more thermal imaging this weekend of both LPS-1 and LPS-1.2, using a controlled constant load at 0.5A and 1.0A and will then publish images and temperature measurements. 

If you can not touch case - temp is 60C++. I don't see any heatbridges to transfer heat to the case, means PCB temp much higher, that would be a lifetime for supercaps (which is very sensitive for the operating temp) 

7 hours ago, Superdad said:

New generation UltraCap LPS-1.2, set to output 7V, driving a 1 amp load for 1 hour:  130.4 F = 54.66C

55 or 60C - is not an issue, heat sources are isolated from the chassis and air not very good heat conductor, means temperature for the heat sources (Like IC, Transistors or capacitors) could be much higher and it could affect ultracap lifetime (see how big is difference in Projected DC Life at Room Temperature vs 65C - 10years vs ~2month)

http://www.nesscap.com/common/download.jsp?dir=product&sfn=FFZGAQVTFVNLTJH.pdf&ofn=NCE_2017_Datasheet_2.7V10F_REV18_20170613.pdf.

P.S. You can try to have same thermal image for the open case board

P.P.S. I think you need to drill/mill ventilation holes

• 5 years later...