IGNORED

The new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2: USER IMPRESSIONS and QUESTIONS thread

Hi Alex. 

I've been using my LPS 1.2 at 9V without any issues for the last few months. 

I am repurposing it to run at 7V but can't seem to get out of the amber light mode. 

I've tried disconnecting and powering down several times without any success. 

I'm using the same supplied power supply. 

Please help. 

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

• 9 months later...

Hi Alex,

I am currently using the new 36W SMPS "energizing" supply for both my LPS1 and LPS1.2.

I have been advised by an audiophile friend/dealer to use a good quality  LPS like the JS-2 as the "energizer" instead for better performance.

I imagine you have a resolving system and wondered if you have tried this configuration yourself.

Is there any merit, theoretical or otherwise, to this suggestion even if the gain is only marginal?

Regards,

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

• 3 years later...

I had the same issue recently with both LPS 1 and LPS 1.2. I tested the output of both with a multimeter and sure enough the output is near 0V. I reached out to Uptone who confirmed that both units have failed. Unfortunately parts are now difficult to source due to supply chain issues and so Uptone no longer sell any more nor are they repairable. I am not sure how long these units are supposed to last but I am disappointed considering how much they cost.

8 hours ago, Superdad said:

"[The boards themselves are not repairable: too long and expensive to trouble shoot, too many tiny parts, and likely cascade of parts damaged in failure so repair would not be reliable.]

So UltraCap LPS-1.2 production is on indefinite hold. I continue to scour the globe for the parts to produce a run. "

Thanks Alex for your sincerity in this matter. I sympathise with your predicament but am also frustrated at our situation as customers.

With the "green" light lit does that narrow the likely location of the problem on the board so that It might be fixable in the field?

With what I'm sure is my simplistic thinking; could it be a failure of one or all of the supercaps which might be easy to replace?

I just hate to junk these units completely😪