IGNORED

Simple MQA poll.

realhifi

Simple MQA poll. Just answer poll please, NO comments.   

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Spacehound said:

I'm going to make a 'not about how the voting goes' reply.

You do understand that with 100,000 plus 'members' here the small number of voters makes both those who vote  and  thus the result 'non-representative' don't you?

Ergo any conclusions drawn  from the result are automatically invalid.

Rest assured it's not just this poll. I've never  seen it NOT happen  on any forum.

I’m going to go on the assumption that whatever the numbers are that it’s a fair representation of this forum seeing as that’s how polls are done. It will be more interesting to me to see how many actually vote. 

David

5 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

I was a lurker for years. I joined because of MQA.

But if you are a member, there is no reason for you not to vote. People just don't care about much of this stuff is all. So drawing any conclusion from the self-selecting few that do vote  is nonsense.

I'm in the UK. Only 30% of the eligible voters voted to leave the EU. But we are leaving. The rest either voted stay or were happy with the status quo so didn't bother to vote.

Now imagine what might happen if we here  took 'action' on the result of RealHiFi's poll.

Calm down. It’s a poll. It’s just for my own curiosity. If it bothers you put it on ignore. 

David

Evidently this poll has stalled.  It looks as though there is far less actively involved member base here than I thought there was. Interesting results but about exactly where I thought it would end up.  If in the future MQA becomes a standard for the music industry it will be interesting to revisit this and see how folks feel about it then. 

David

23 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Reason: Spencer Chrislu from MQA has stated unequivocally that MQA is marketed to the record labels as a way to "protect the crown jewels", and those "crown jewels" are high resolution PCM files.

I can’t say I disagree with the recording companies wanting to protect their product.

David

4 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

How does selling a download of the crown jewels do any harm? Some do it already.

And a certain amount of trust is needed or the world stops.

As for pirates they would not buy it anyway, they don't pay for much music,  So what's lost?

To be honest the cats out of the bag anyway. Once there is a 24/192 file of a recording out there then it’s pretty much “out” and can be copied and distributed freely as much as one wants. 

David

3 hours ago, crenca said:

I simply clicked on the vote tally, but I would have been an "against" of course.  What I find interesting is that the neutral voter is often explaining his vote, saying something to the effect of 

"I am against the DRM, black box, "end to end" danger, but as long as it is only a niche product then I am merely neutral"

So those who disagree with what MQA is as a technical/legal/market product, is actually >80%.

I wonder if realhifi and the other regula "subjectivist" audiophiles expected that?

Didn’t know I was a “subjectivist” audiophile. In fact I can’t remember what I would have said that would lead you to that conclusion.  The poll is actually a little different than I expected on this site. 

David

On 2/16/2018 at 5:09 PM, crenca said:

I don't see you as an objectivist or even leaning that way.  What did you expect  from the poll (just curious)?

Just curious what you’re basing that on?

I had no expectations on the poll. It was just to see what the sentiment about MQA was.  

David

3 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Regardless of the statistical insignificance of this poll, it might be nice to see as many vote as are comfortable/interested in responding.

As we used to say in Chicago, "Vote early and vote often."   B|

Ha!  As far as I can tell you can only vote once but I agree it would be nice to get a rough idea of the way the wind blows here. 

David