IGNORED

What music player software do you use the most?

What software do you use on the system you listen to MOST  

248 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Roon on an annual subscription. I switched from JRiver last year. 

I prefer the interface and find it far more stable. The Tidal integration is great.  I was previously using the Linux version of Jriver. It felt fragile and used to crash regularly. None of that with Roon. Also, I wasn't very impressed with JRiver Jim's customer service skills. They ought to keep him well away from that side of the business.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jriver said:

I think that kind of out of context comment is less than helpful to anyone.

If  you have something specific, please start a thread and I'll try to help.

JRiver has a big community with a lot of helpful people, but occasionally we get someone who just doesn't want to hear what we have to say.  That's life, I guess.

Get real  @jriver Jim

When iOS 10 was released, JRemote wouldn't work. Unlike every other app vendor who had updated code to ensure it would still run correctly, you did nothing. Then you had the nerve to tell people it was an Apple problem and users should complain to Cupertino. When questioned about this you arrogantly dismissed user concerns. People waited weeks  (maybe months) for you to get your act together.

Falling out with "Les Paul" was a big mistake.

25 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

You and I started this discussion when I mentioned earlier in this thread that one of the reasons I no longer use JRiver is because I didn't care for your "bedside manner" when answering questions on the JRiver support forums and you wanted me to give specific examples. I used the term "bedside manner" to mean my problem was with the way you answer questions, not the content of your answers. AndrewFG was trying to gently suggest to you that instead of just brushing peoples questions off you might try and answer them.

The thread that quote was from came up on the JRiver forums after IOS 10 was released and parts of JRemote no longer worked. You repeatedly told people that had purchased JRemote from you that it was an Apple problem and your advice was for them to contact Apple and ask them to change IOS 10 so the JRemote would work properly again.

As I said earlier, I voted on your software some time ago with my feet and my wallet so have nothing further to gain from continuing this discussion. You asked for examples of what I considered your poor "bedside manner" and I have provided them. This last example is of another one of your MC Beta Team members telling you he was having problems following your suggestion on how to get JRemote working again and your response. You can have the last word, I'm done.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107011.msg746408.html?PHPSESSID=h86s7ngi85k71hskgpffef5i65#msg746408

+1

I moved from JRiver to Roon for exactly the reasons you give above. I remarked at the time that there are millions of apps in the Apple store and to expect iOS 10 to be rewritten to accommodate JRemote was laughable.

I got sick of reading the "Antivirus?" or "Firewall?" responses, even though it was obvious the customer had already ruled those issues out. If that didn't work it was usually followed up with "Wifi signal not strong enough?"