IGNORED

What music player software do you use the most?

What software do you use on the system you listen to MOST  

248 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

itunes works just fine

Actually it does except for it's lack of support for high-definition audio files without a "helper" app such as Amara.  I generally rip my CDs using iTunes (although lately I've been using JRiver) but what transfers my music to my stereo system in my living room is the Logitech Media Server to my Squeezebox Touch and my Squeezebox to the Yggy via coaxial SPDIF. The Logitech Media server gets the music from my iTunes folder on my Mac, but it doesn't actually use the iTunes application at all. I like that as long as the files are in my iTunes library, 16/44.1 through 24/96 files are served by the Logitech Media Server application. 

George

• 1 month later...

I use the Logitech Media Server feeding my Logitech Squeezebox Touch, exclusively. I have JRiver Media Player 23, but I use it only as a organizational/cataloging tool. The Logitech Server streams the files directly from my iTunes music folder (irrespective of format, bit depth, or sample rate) and doesn't use either iTunes (which I never use) or JRiver at all. When playing music from my desktop system, my source is JRiver, but only then. 

George