IGNORED

Mac tool to convert DSD256 to DSD128/64?

Fair Hedon

1 hour ago, kumakuma said:

More options here:

I'm using XiSRC (approx $20). It's from the same folks as MusicScope.

The Teac Hi-Res Editor is free but is a POS (no batch support or transfer of metadata to converted file).

I am a big fan of MusicScope. XISRC might worth it just to have on hand.

I may actually have the Teac program installed..thanks..I will give that a try.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Or then just use a player that can do the conversion on the fly. If you specifically don't want to have converted files.

I use Roon with no additional programs. I actually don't want to keep any DSD256 files. i have heard no benefit between DDS128 and 256...although I do hear a benefit from DSD64.

The files are ridiculously large to boot.

2 hours ago, kumakuma said:

More options here:

I'm using XiSRC (approx $20). It's from the same folks as MusicScope.

The Teac Hi-Res Editor is free but is a POS (no batch support or transfer of metadata to converted file).

Teac did the trick! One file at a time..but it was free...if the MetaData is missing I can retag easily. Thanks!!!

4 hours ago, Miska said:

I personally would keep the DSD256 files, in case you want to later convert with better/different algorithm. Resulting quality depends quite a lot on the used algorithm. Roon cannot do the conversion on fly? I though it would be able to do it too.

How can file size be any issue these days when 8 TB HDD's are cheap...

I have some 5.0 channel DSD256 albums and I don't feel that the size would be much of an issue (15 - 20 GB/piece).

You make perfect sense.

However I did try to use the Roon on the fly conversion and they don't (as far as i can see!) have an option to downsample DSD to DSD, only to pcm..352.8.kHz. Audirvana which I use on my desktop system, also does not process DSD256 downward.