IGNORED

Qobuz coming to U.S.

I have to wonder if the EU regulations are stagnating their mobile app and in which direction the US version will head. 

Historically businesses struggle with distribution on the other side of the pond more than the common language of business.  Which is to say the manner in which they do business in the old world is very different from the manner in which it is conducted on in the new world.  A fact that can greatly impair on the ground operation and understanding of how to react to markets on the opposite shore.  Hopefully Quobuz hired some good people over here outside marketing and network upkeep.

I fear you miss the finer points in how meeting regulations across nearly 10 separate countries could impact it.  That a single platform could be hamstrung trying to serve the needs of so many masters.  Even across two states in the US regulations can be so troublesome a business will leave customers to a competitor.  Licensing, widely different overwriting requirements, fees, etc.  It could take a year or more to even meet base requirements and pass inspection.  All the while trying to keep the actual business at hand from falling off.  

I wasn't making a case for this.  I was asking if it might be at least one underlying cause for not doing certain things well.  Purposely falling short to avoid being keelhauled for breaking contrary agreements with neighboring countries.  The frontiers of virtual payment and product delivery, much less security and social issues related to the amount of time people spend interacting with cell phones, are hardly devoid of great amounts of money and regulations to catch it as it passes through.