IGNORED

Circuit Breaker to Outlet AC Wiring and Ground

Johnseye

This is getting hard to follow, because half of the conversation is in one thread and half in another.

Anyway, projectors draw lots of current and a 1kVA transformer is very small, so it will be on another circuit.

If you don't use the 2 Channel and H.T systems at the same time, they can both be on the same circuit.

You do have the reference Middle Atlantic white paper, don't you?

9 hours ago, KingRex said:

There are inexpensive plug in devices that have a visible indicator of some sort indicating dirty power.

I don't think that there are any inexpensive units that will give you any useful information about dirty power.

Even a Tri-Field meter is seldom helpful for power line problems.  Now it will work for air-borne RFI problems but that's another story.

On Power Conditioners

Remember that 'power conditioner' is an undefined term.  It could mean almost any combination of the following.

a]  Noise filter - a low-pass EMI/RFI filter.
b]  Surge protector - although it's better to have surge protection at the home's service entrance.
c]  UPS - note that many UPS's are not really UPS's!
d]  Line voltage adjuster.
e]  Balanced power transformer.
f]  Isolated power transformer.
g]  DC blockers.
h]  Regenerators (PSAudio)
i]  Power Factor Correction
j]  I forget? But I think that there are more.

19 hours ago, KingRex said:

What do you mean?  Can you explain more what noise your talking about and how it might be addressed?

Well this thread is about AC power line quality. And we see posts about using this component or that. And we see posts about measuring this or that. But you can measure the wrong things till the cows come home but that's not what we should care about. What's important is audio quality, so that's what you should examine.

In improvements in possible audio quality will show up in:

a] the signal-to-noise ratio at the audio outputs. (using a sensitive true RMS DMM)

b]  out of band high frequency noise or oscillation at the audio outputs. (using an O-scope)