IGNORED

Ipad connection to Lumin

Hello,

I have been using an external HDD USB 3 for connecting to Lumin USB port to play music and there is a lots of hiccup of the Lumin app ( Keep resetting). I just do not have time to set up a SAN yet.

Can I connecting an Ipad directly to the other USB port to play Utube?  

Thanks and happy holidays!

If Lumin app keeps crashing, please make sure you've updated to the latest version of Lumin app, and reboot the iPad.

To play YouTube, please enable the setting Lumin Streaming, from iPad YouTube app you can AirPlay it to Lumin.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Lumin firmware update and Lumin app updates are two different things.  The latter is controlled by iOS - you may need to manually update the Lumin app from App Store.  Lumin app is at version 6.1.2 dated Dec. 20, 2017.

If you like to continue using your external DAC, then you can keep using the BNC connection.

If you like to try the DAC inside Lumin instead, then you can connect the balanced XLR output.

Whether you use BNC or analog output is unrelated to AirPlay - it'll work for both types of connections.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks Peter for your quick reply. I am using the existing BNC and it works great.

The volume is kind of low I guess due to Itunes and/or the BMC preamp (BMC preamp reaches the limited volume and the sound is not that high).

Trying to connect with balanced XLR now and will post a follow up.

Thanks again

If you're using the BNC digital output, you should keep Lumin volume at 100%.  Since Lumin sends bit-perfect audio to your DAC (assuming volume is 100% and re-sampling is OFF), the actual volume level you hear is related to your DAC output voltage level and your system gain.

When using AirPlay, you should adjust the iPad / YouTube volume to maximum.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead