IGNORED

The fact that Atkinson showed up here

On ‎24‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 9:58 PM, Fair Hedon said:

While I appreciate the tone of your post, I really do..

this really boggles my mind:

"then can we please take this opportunity to educate John, not alienate him.."

The editor of Stereophile and other quasi-technical publications is positioned by default as an AUTHORITY. They are the in the position to educate US..by doing due diligence, using their staff to do research, examining very closely the technical claims of new audio technologies, and above all, they are in the position to protect the consumers from charlatans, and frauds.

it is NOT the job of the readership and the community at large to educate the editor/authority. He or she would have industry professionals and experts at their disposal.

What has in fact happened is that members here have protected the consumer from the editor(s).

I don't agree at all.

The magazines are not here to satisfy your pet peeves.

Do you think food magazine should do in-depth scientific research into chemicals used in food. Or should car magazines do an analysis of the cars control system to validate claims of the manufacturer.

Some members here just have an anal obsession trying to scientifically prove why something sounds bad or good. I honestly do not care.

IMHO DSD and MQA are dead formats. Both are a solutions looking for a problem.

[br]

4 hours ago, Fair Hedon said:

I am not sure what you are on about...

The POINT, which all you defenders seem to miss utterly and completely, is that it is not about science.

it is about both TAS and Stereophile whole heartedly accepting a fake format, which is bad for the consumer, bad for sonics, with no reservations, and evangelizing this new garbage. Every writer for TAS and Stereophile seemed to be spouting Fox News like talking points to point of absurdity.

DSD is not dead, and clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Funny, for a dead format, I have 1500 SACDs ripped to my hard drive, and on order, 30+ SACDs on the way. In fact, the superb Audio Fidelity SACD of Jeff Beck's Truth just arrived. Hmmm. Not bad for dead.

A fake format, bla bla bla. I'm sorry to me that sounds like hollow rhetoric. Let it be said that I'm not a fan a MQA. But that doens't mean it should get burned at the cross. Let the consumers deicide what they want. Albeit the larger the group the lower the avg IQ, but that's human nature.

Where I live SACD never made it even to the stores. The content of the site DSD is laughable at best, about 1300 titles. I might be wrong but I doubt more that 10% of my music collection is available in DSD.

Have a look at my collection. See if you can find many titles in there that are available in DSD.

https://www.discogs.com/user/mordante/collection

[br]

32 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

Seriously, you are clueless...

your posts cease to have any credibility for me..just on the first 5 or 6 pages I can tell you the entire Peter Gabriel, Kinks, and Genesis catalogs are on SACD. There are 3 or 4 David Bowie titles.  NOT to mention the entire Stones Abko output in stereo and mono. There is an outstanding sounding Animals compilation, and the whole Dire Straits catalog as well.

Now..try again.

In my collection I have 1 Stones single, 1 Peter Gabriel,1 Kinks and 2 Genesis albums, and some David Bowie. Would you buy a SACD player for say 10% of a music collection. I don't like any jazz or blues.

Dire straights is boring, most of that kind of stuff came from an inheritance. While I like 80's and 90's pop Like Leonard Cohen, Depeche Mode, some new/dark-wave, neue welle kind of stuff. I never liked Dire straights, ToTo, Simply Red, U2, etc way too smooth and over produced.

Best albums for me from 2017

Amenra ‎– Mass VI
Ulver ‎– The Assassination Of Julius Caesar
Sólstafir ‎– Berdreyminn
Kari Rueslåtten ‎– Silence Is The Only Sound
Anathema ‎– The Optimist

[br]