IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

Hi,

When comparing the sound with filter on/off, the sound is a couple of dB louder with filter on. So comparing is a little bit difficult. Especially if I run the sound through the v1 DAP to compare, v2 is louder so difficult to compare. 

Anyone else notice this loudness difference?

BTW I have a 3.0 setup with no bass management through Dirac (I do my bass management else where) and use the DLP vst filter in JRiver MC. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi flak,

I have the following 3.0 setup:

3 x KEF LS50 speakers (Left, Center, Right) (-6dB @ 47Hz / -3 dB @79Hz)

Before sending it to Dirac (v1) I use Equalizer APO to do the following:

- Copy everything below 79 Hz from the L/C/R channels to L2/C2/R2

- Copy C2 and R2 to L

- Copy L2 and C2 to R

- Copy L2 and R2 to C

This gives off course a little bass bump from around 100 Hz and lower. Then I send that to Dirac v1 which perfectly corrects that bump. When measuring the speakers 'clean' Dirac v1 says the drop-off point is 40Hz

When measuring the speakers with 'Bass routed to all channels', Dirac v1 says the drop-off point is 30 Hz

This gives for me a very beautiful sound and a lot deeper bass than a single speaker can provide. (BTW I first always do a 'clean' measurement with Dirac to see the delays of the channels and put those delays in Equalizer APO already so the 'Bass' arrives at the same time on the sweetspot before I measure again with Dirac)

Now my question is: can Dirac v2 do this kind of Bass Management?

PS for anyone interested, attached is the full Equalizer APO setup I did (5.1 -> 3.0 setup with Bass routed through all three speakers)

image.thumb.png.f74d3eb6e89c83e02b273e8cce04bf01.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, whoareyou said:

Did you ever get this resolved?  I just installed the latest beta and I am not able to get multichannel setup configured.  Only stereo.  I filed report with help desk.

Yes I did, the helpdesk will help you out.

You’ll get a new version and a different config file then before (temporary solution) to make it the channel config you have. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 11:44 PM, flak said:

We are looking into automatically migrating the Dirac Live 1.x licenses so that Dirac Live 1.x owners will be able to use the new Dirac Live Processor together with the Dirac Live 2.3 calibration tool.

I don't now how will we proceed with owners of multichannel licenses as the multichannel version of the Dirac Live Processor isn't ready yet.

:) Flavio

Hi Flavio,

As the multichannel beta expires in 2 days, I asked the Dirac Helpdesk about an extension and got the following reply:

The Live Processor is for sale now here: https://live.dirac.com/pro-audio/ 
We do not hand out any more extensions now. 
I am sorry we have not yet sent out a thank you email to the beta testers. We aim to do this asap. In that email you will also have a discount on the processor.  

Is this true? Will my multichannel v2 beta just stop working? Or will my v1 license (temporarily) be upgraded to v2 stereo for example?

Regards,
Alain
7 minutes ago, milva said:

Since December 6,  2017 we know from Flavio that the new Dirac Live version will be free for existing Dirac Live owners. It is interesting that nobody was concerned with the transfer of licences during the several years of development. Will we have to wait another two years after the promising betatesting?

Create a ticket for the helpdesk and they’ll fix it for you 👍🏻

1 hour ago, macuniverse said:

I'm also having issues with my license. I get the following message when I click the "Dirac Live Processor" icon in the Dirac Live app

"You are missing the correct license ..." See below.

Actually, I login with the same account that I bought the license. After login I can check the license info and it's there and correct.

Looking forward to a solution so that I can try the latest and greatest. Thanks.

PS. I already created a ticket last Friday but no reply so far.

781369584_ScreenShot2019-12-17at00_40_21.thumb.jpg.9ef1b0868def0b37aba3c037dfb80a27.jpg

I'm having the same issue once in a while, here is a temporarily solution to fix it:
- When you get the error, press Dismiss (obviously ;))
- Go to the menu and press Logoff and the login back again

- Press the Dirac Live Processor again and it should let you in.

• 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, dapost said:

Is Dirac Live Processor 1.2.0 stereo only? Seems no way to enable multichannel. Using Mojave MacOS.

Same issue here, I still use 1.0.3. All version after that (v1.1, v1.2.0 & v1.2.2) either crash or give no sound when used in Multi Channel. But getting in touch with support is a no-go, as they still not officially support Multi Channel, only Stereo. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, flak said:

We've just released Dirac Live 3.0: https://live.dirac.com/download/

Improvements are listed here: https://live.dirac.com/changelog/

and users of relatively old Mac operating systems will be pleased to see that unofficial support for MacOS 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13 has been added.

Do we need to make a new measurement? Or has nothing changed on the measurement part and can a saved project/measurement from v2.5.3 be used?