IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

On 10/16/2018 at 9:11 AM, KnockKnock said:

Dear Flac.

Why does Dirac not pass on MQA? Look at my screenshots. My system is: Mac->Roon->Dirac->Meridian Explorer (only first MQA unfold is done), and Mac->Roon->Meridian Explorer (first and second MQA unfold done).

Why does Dirac not pass MQA on to the Meridian Explorer?

Dirac1.jpg

Dirac2.jpg

the issue is that dirac does digital processing on the file (changing the content), so the mqa data is lost.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 11 months later...
4 hours ago, flak said:

Here the latest news...

We have new 0.9.31 betas of plugins (now including AAX) and a new Dirac Live 2.3

Now the plugin is added and opened from within the player or DAW

If interested they are available by opening a new ticket at HelpDesk:

http://helpdesk.dirac.se

That's new as well :)

is 2.3 limited to 24/96?  i'm anxious to get the resolution up to 192k like the current production version!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 4 weeks later...

21 hours ago, GoldenEar said:

Hi all,

the new version is out now! It plays up to 192 kHz in my system and sounds great. However, I am unable to claim my license at the Dirac portal. It keeps saying unknown key. Any of you has been successful?

Regards Kay

if you go into the dirac portal (portal.dirac.se) and then go to "user licenses and installation records", do you see v2 listed?  my understanding is that v1 licensees will be upgraded to v2, but haven't see any details at this point.

i'm licensed for v1, but haven't messed around with v2 -- was waiting for things to settle down and the kinks worked out.

• 1 month later...

all -- i'm on v1 of dirac live and have been pleased with the way it works.  i use roon and use dirac on a win pc that runs roon bridge.  the virtual soundcard approach works great.

i'm bummed that this approach was ditched with v2.  i understand that the workaround is using separate virtual cable software.  how well does this work?  what other approaches have roon users used with dirac v2?

thanks!

• 6 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 11:59 PM, JezQ said:

Anyone know how to get Dirac to play 88khz? 

did you create filters for 88k?  as i recall, dirac can only process files for which it has filters.

On 7/30/2020 at 12:12 AM, michael123 said:

???? 

dirac is not a player -- it's a dsp engine.  to use it, you must run the calibration tool to generate the appropriate filters.  i'm still using v1, but you must select the file types -- 44.1, 88, 96, etc. -- to generate the appropriate filters.  i'm assuming you also do the same in v2.  you know what they say about assumptions . . .